Friday, July 15, 2011

What Bring's Us Joy?

Joyful Fridays
James 1:17 Every good and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

I read a blog yesterday about a gal who is reading a book that is totally changing how she looks at joy in her life. She went on to list several things that brought her joy. I was convicted as soon as I read that post. How often do we allow any and everything to steal our joy? How often do we focus on the big picture and miss the little things God intends to bring us joy? I believe without any doubt in my heart and mind that God is the giver of joy and good things, without Him there would be only heartache. Yet, do I always notice it…no, would be the answer to that question unfortunately. I also believe that joy comes despite circumstances and peace can be found in the midst of trial and hurt. How? Well, it may be due in some part to our being deliberate in seeing the joy in our lives.

So as something new I’m excited to do, every Friday I’m going to list a few things that brought me joy that week…here’s my list for this week!

1.  I’ve tried several new foods this week and I liked many of them—normally I avoid trying new food!

2.  I had an Impromptu date night with my husband

3.  The happiness on our children’s’ faces as they saw their “new” school desks

4.  I got a new dress

5.  The happiness on my parents’ faces as they took our children to a rodeo

6.  The look on our children’s faces when they got back from that rodeo

7.  Picking blueberries at my Aunt and Uncles house…also a first!

  What are some things that have brought you joy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment