Thursday, January 31, 2013

*GASP*....No, it can't be true!!

I'm going to tell you a secret...it's a BIG one...I mean REALLY BIG...this year I turn the BIG 4...0...Yeah, I can't believe that I just put that secret out in blog-land! 

I know what you are thinking, "No, way is Kirstie almost 40. She can't be more than 34!" but alas, it's true. On May 28 I will turn 40! Mostly I don't mind, mostly, I think I am doing great. I have an amazingly blessed life, God has been so good to me. But, girls, really you know what I'm saying, "40!", back when I was 16 40 was ancient! 

I have a great friend who says "40 is fabulous!" and I mean really who wouldn't want to be fabulous; no matter what the age! To celebrate this milestone I'm doing something I've never done before. Another great friend has challenged me to run a 10K with her. I have done some 5k's (well, two actually) with her before. She had a great point to celebrate 40 I should go all out. I'm excited about it; to see if I can really get my body (my 40 year old body at that!) 10K ready. Now if I could ever get rid of this sinus funk I could start training! I'll let you all know how it goes!

and FYI...I finally got around to trying the Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites and yeah, not so good! May have to tweak it a bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment