Friday, February 01, 2013

everybody's got one...

I'm a people watcher **not a very good one according to my sweet hubby, and he's probably right, but don't tell him** but anyway I like to watch people; well actually I just like people in general I like to talk to them (surprising I know), I like meeting them and learning about their lives. 

So, back to what I actually meant for this post to be about...

I read this quote on Pinterest today, "Fashion is what you buy, Style is what you do with it". I was struck with how true this is. I have heard many a gal say how they just don't have any style or maybe they just get in a funk of wearing the same thing over and over. The fact is we as women all have a style; yep, "everybody's got one". It just may be hidden under a lot of everyday responsibilities we all as women have too. 

Now not to say that everyone has to LOVE "Fashion" as much as some (achemmmmm... me!!) but we can all find a "Style" that suits us and makes us feel good about ourselves. No matter what we may tell ourselves to the contrary our clothes can make us feel good or not so good about us. How many times have we actually gotten dressed and purposely not looked in the mirror because we didn't want to see ourselves? Many I'm sure...me included.

But I don't think it has to be like that. Having a style is NOT dependent on what you weigh wether it's what you want to weigh or not. Having a style is wearing what makes you feel good on the inside. I heard a story about a lady who wasn't real good at putting outfits together but she knew what she liked. So, she kept a "file" of outfits and randomly choose things that matched her "file" to wear. Sort of like my dream wardrobe on Pinterest and yes, I have prepared outfits to match my "fashion/make-up" board on Pinterest. They are some of my favorites!

So that's what has been brewing in my head all day...yeah, it's been a slow day here! Oh well anyone have any thoughts on this...


BTW I also read this quote today too "I have an irrational fear of wasting a good outfit on an insignificant day"; I admit that this is a thought I have had once upon a time...but really do we ever have insignificant day's!!



No comments:

Post a Comment