Friday, February 15, 2013

FINALLY...we have one!

I was in the 6th or 7th grade, I can't remember exactly, when I noticed him for the first time. He was so, just so, great...tall, blond haired, blue-eyed. Oh he was a hot looking thing with that mullet (don't judge it was the 80's). I remember being tongued tied; I probably didn't say 2 words to him I was so shy, but boy did I ever have the biggest crush on him. 

I had no idea at that point in my life that God was introducing me to my Prince Charming. I had no idea that about 10 years later I would walk down an aisle in a beautiful white dress to meet him in that church. I had no idea that we would have three of the best kids ever together. He is just as hot now as he was then (with better hair)...but in all our time together there is one thing we have never had...yep, one things been missing. 

What your asking could be missing from this modern day fairytale? A song, that's what...we've never had a song, which is odd because both Terry and I love music (we aren't very musical ourselves, but we love to listen to it) so, I would have assumed that we would have a song. But nope...we don't.

That is until now. I FINALLY found our song. It's perfect. If I could go back to August 2, 1997 we would dance to it at our wedding. 

This seems like an unimportant thing, finding your song, after you've been happily married for 15 years, but it's not. Anything that causes you to focus on your marriage, and remind you why you pledged your life to another person is a good thing. As I've discovered having a "song" causes you to think, reflect, and love on your man every time you hear it. 

I know your asking me, silently begging me even, to tell you what our song is...well, ok, I will! 

It's James Morrison's "You Make It Real"...it says what our love means to each other. So, if your married, or engaged and you don't have a song, find one that epitomizes what your love for each other means, and if you have a song already listen to it; I promise it spices things up!!

So, I'm curious to know if anyone else has a song! If you do, tell us what it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment