Saturday, October 03, 2009

Being on your own...

Well it's not all it's cracked up to be, that's for sure. Terry is away doing a fishing tournament and we are here at home. In theory, I'm a strong woman I can handle most things, or so I would think. However, I've learned this isn't really the case. I wonder why I let the just daily stresses of life get to me more when I'm alone? I don't know why...well, yesterday was a little bit more than ordinary. Something was up with the battery in my car, and I was left, or so I thought, without any transportation and two kids to pick up and a prospective "alone" trip canceled. I'm sad to say I didn't handle it well, actually, I was pretty bad for the entire day. As God always takes care of us, my Dad and the guy across the street, Stinger (a story all his own!), fixed my car, and I did pick up the kids and even went on my "alone" trip. Still, I was pretty much not in a good place yesterday. I'm glad that Terry has Fisher's of Men, mostly, but sometimes it's a struggle. I guess I could look at it as a ministry that Satan will try to undue!

1 comment:

  1. Kirstie,
    I am sorry you had to be by yourself with the kiddos---
    How was your alone time? Did you get to buy anything? :) Shopping is so therapeutic!!!
    Love chrity

    ReplyDelete